25 July 2018
By Alessio Simonini, Brand ambassador for Negroni Antica Distilleria and bar manager of sake cocktail bar Sakeya, Milano
For the cocktail:
• 35 ml Bitter, Negroni Antica Distilleria
• 35 ml Red vermouth, Carpano Antica Formula
• Fill Homemade Soda Velvet flavoured with Treviso IGP Red Radicchio
• 5 Mist Elixir Veneziano, Negroni Antica Distilleria
Built on the rocks
Old Fashioned Vintage Glass
Fresh red radicchio leaf
This cocktail is made in three steps.
1. Build: mix 15ml Bitter Negroni Antica Distilleria, and 15ml Carpano Antica Formula straight into the glass with ice; long stirring is the best way to m onitor the dilution of ingredients.
2. Second pour: add another 10ml Bitter Negroni Antica Distilleria and 10ml Carpano Antica Formula; this slow procedure will allow you to nd the p erfect balance of bitter, vermouth and water.
3. Third pour: Use a large bowl to pour another 10ml Bitter Negroni Antica Distilleria, 10ml Carpano Antica Formula and your home-made soda velvet, with a rather compact texture; this way, the density of the mix will be reduced by the Bitters and vermouth, creating a semi-compact foam layer with a bitter taste and aroma that goes perfectly with this bitter-sweet blend.
Complete the drink with a spray of Elixir Veneziano, Negroni Antica Distilleria, which will give the cocktail a fruity scent of black cherry and cherry to balance the bitter notes of soda velvet. Decorate with a red radicchio leaf.
FOR A REAL COCKTAIL FROM TREVISO